From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 20:38:04 -0500
>I believe Rosedale has it right.  While what follows is a summary what
> he recommends, you really need to get his book (*The Rosedale Diet*):
>
> Very low to zero non-fiber carbs.
>
> Three to four pack-of-cards-sized portions of lean protein a day.
> [Check out pages 207-210 of Rosedale's book for your exact
> recommendations]
>
> Unlimited "healthy" fats.  (Read, olive oil is your friend)

Haven't seen Rosedale's book, but I've long wondered why he's down on
animal fat. Isn't about half of the fat in beef monounsatured (which he
recommends--at least when it comes from olives), and the other half
includes a lot of stearic, which even those who are afraid of
cholesterol say doesn't raise cholesterol? And Rosedale isn't even in
the "fears cholesterol" camp, is he?
Someone please enlighten me!