From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 12:42:55 -0700
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> <<  I would love to be able to go to
>  > alternative sources for meat, but I simply cannot afford it, so
> what am
>  > I getting in what I buy at the grocery store? >>

I guess I lucked out there.  3 friends and myself went in together and
bought a bull from another friend.  His Grandfather raises all his
beef
in grass. And he only raises 5 at a time.   We split a 709 pound bull
4
ways and it only cost us $1.41 per pound including wrapping.  You
can't
even buy the cheap hamburger in the stores for that!! Total cost was
$1000 split 4 ways.  The beef is so tender and so flavorful.  No one
wanted the innards or the head, so i took the brain, tongue and all
the
liver, kidneys and heart for free. My neighbor took the rest of the
head,
says he makes some kind of Spanish dish with it.
Trish