From:
Cheyenne Loon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:43:22 -0500
If you have frozen meat, why not make your jerky without bothering to
let it defrost.  When the meat is frozen it's easy to cut very thin
slices (as long as it's not rock-solid frozen, which makes it hard to
cut through) and lay them out on the defroster while still frozen.  An
Inuit friend of mine dries his caribou like that, and says it comes out
dried and crunchy 'like chips'.
Cheyenne