From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:48:45 -0800
I spoke before I thought on this one, sigh.  Good reason not to post when you are sleepy!!  That's a good point, Tom.  I guess I get so tired of all the "bacteria hysteria" that I overlooked this very simple and obvious fact!!  Thanks for setting me straight!!

  Love,
  Bren

Tom Bri <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Germs on the dirty fingers of everyone who handles the fruit before it gets
to you. Lots of folks poke and prod and squeeze fruit before buying. I do.
Lots of people don't wash their hands.

Any dirt on the food from the soil is pretty unlikely to cause harm, but
from hands, yes. Hepatitis is one, there are lots of others.