From:
Sharrhan Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:03:49 EST
>They were also breastfed--and intensively so--increasingly rare over the
>past 40-50 years in America. Lack of breast feeding paired with general
>malnutrition (common in the U.S. even among those who are not impoverished)

Hi Judy.  Thanks for your wonderful insights.  You're so right about the
importance of physical/emotional contact - bonding.  An example that
correlates with your observations about the importance of breastfeeding is
the preponderance of adopted children (who often didn't get touched during
the first days after they were born) who suffer from lifelong depression and
dysfunction.
  I so appreciate all these discussions, for out of them can come a much
clearer picture of what a truly balanced life is and how to achieve it.
--Sharrhan