Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 11:54:25 -0800
Great question, Mary.  Last night I was awake thinking the same thing about
my son, how long??? And should I do extra interventions?? He has an
extremely leaky gut (antibiotics) and lacks proper mucosa.

Some people say it will take about a month, others about a year. If you want
a list that talks about leaky gut, I would recommend the intestinal health
list, however, be prepared for tons and tons  of cleansing information!

If you go straight pemmican, as mentioned in THE STONE AGE DIET, then it is
supposed to take about a week.

But, back then, I don't think they used the massive amounts of antibiotics
they do now, such as "broad spectrum" and others. They put my son on
antibiotics when he was born, and jabbed him with foreign proteins
(vaccines) at birth. The normal flora never had a chance.

Too bad I didn't do a paleo birth experience! out of the hospital.

I am planning to stay paleo with him, may add very small amounts of natural
antifungals such as oregano oil,(which is well tolerated and not invasive)
and would like to supplement with friendly bacteria, simply because I know
he has a lot of Clostridia (bad bacteria) in there taking up space.

We are on a mostly pemmican diet with small amounts of steamed veggies, like
one or at the most two servings per day, then about one or two servings per
day of pork rinds with a small amount of almond butter.

The paleo diet has benefitted him more than any other diet.