From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:08:38 -0700
> It doesn't take any technology at all to
> gather a pile of nuts when they fall off the tree, and munch on them all

> winter long.

The same is true of dried fruits and veggies.

I've long had a difficulty resolving the Paleo principle of seasonality
with the idea that behaviorally modern humans have been around for about
50,000 years (give or take). If that is the case, then I'm willing to bet
that humans have been *obsessively* storing food for a long, long time. I
just can't see a human - modern or ancient - saying, "Well that
fruit/nut/veggie was good. I guess I'll just have to wait until next year
at this time to have it again". Sure, it may not have always been possible
to store foods, but I'm willing to bet it was a task they/we were always
flirting with.