From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:12:14 +1100
At 17:15 -0600 17/12/02, Jay Banks wrote:

>are volumes of data on the pancreas size of wild animals
>vs. domestic animals (which indicates that the organ
>is working harder).

And just how does having a larger pancreas indicate that it is
working harder? That strikes me as a very large leap of logic.

In any case, the data you presented is invalid. It is meaningless
to suggest that the difference in size of pancreas between several
different species of animals implies anything other than the fact
that the animals are different. The correct study would be to feed
the same species of mice different diets and observe the changes.

Howell's work is predominantly spiritual not scientific.
I would certainly not base my diet and wellbeing on the hope that
amongst the chaff his work actually has some grains of truth.

 ...Richard.