From:
Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:24:42 -0500
From: "Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
  > Since cancer uses glucose for energy more so than
> other cells, they place the patent in to a hypoglycemic state and then
> give low
dose chemo therapy along with glucose at the same time.  The result is that
lot more chemo is taken up by the cancer in order to get the glucose
resulting
> in a lot less side effects for the patent.

Hmmmmmm......  Okay, maybe I'm dense but this doesn't figure.  Wouldn't the
taking up of the glucose by the cancer rule out the chemo?

> while the liver does release glucose on demand due to a low carb
> diet, after about three days if the diet is very low carb, the liver's
> ability
> to do this depleted and ketosis sets in more strongly.

I think I would rely on the starving of the cancer cells through ketosis,
but I sure don't want to be in the position to test it.    groan...  Oliva