From:
Mark Labbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:33:46 -0500
Maybe because the megafauna were becoming scarce?

Mark

Unfortunately, "could have" is often about as good as it gets.
Where is the evidence that paleos actually ate blueberries,
cabbage, apples, or any of a hundred other foods that we seem to
accept as "paleo"?  For most of these, "could have" is all we
have to go on.  Furthermore, we have the evidence that when
paleos finally ceased being paleos and took up agriculture, they
cultivated grains, not blueberries or bananas.  Anyone who says
they didn't eat grains has to explain why they rather suddenly
decided to change their whole way of life to raise crops that
they previously didn't eat at all.

Todd Moody