From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:55:26 -0700
Fredrik Murman wrote:
 > Maybe I've misunderstood something, but I don't think that these two events
 > had anything to do with insanity. I believe the cause i
 > n both cases was
 > lack of knowledge, causing too much wishful and imaginary thinking.

I agree.  And as far as "insanity" goes, most of the world is insane right now
as
regards overutilization of fish.  One after another fish stock has collapsed;
we are eating lower and lower on the oceanic food chain.  Yet the factory
ships go out in their thousands every day to vacuum up more of the ocean.
This Is Insane!

We have the benefit of worldwide information on the destruction
of the ocean ecosystem, but we seem not to be able to stop it.  Why would we
think paleo people have so much wisdom as to go hungry or let their children
starve in order to preserve healthy stocks of their prey animals?

     Lynnet