From:
Karl McKinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 13:34:56 -0800
--
>Now what does this mean for us? I have no idea how much saturated fat I
>eat percentage wise, probably easily under the 46%. Were the nurses just
>not eating more than that so they couldn't test anything higher, or were
>risks increased as fat intake increased? I am concerned that I am eating
>more saturated fat than ever( much before the study ). I've stayed away
>from trans-fats for a while now eating mostly mono and some poly.

There is a link on the paleolithic homepage
(http://www.panix.com/~paleodiet/) that deals with the different types of
fat.  One thing you have to realize is that the USDA "food pyramid"
propaganda is like so much other health propaganda.  People are not by
nature overly concerned with portions and stuff like that.  For normal, real
people who aren't on diets, the "food pyramid" is nothing.  What do they
eat?  Well, go Preach The Word of NeanderThin to someone and they will say
"I could never give up dairy."

See the page http://www.notmilk.com/pyramid.html for the actual pyramid of
what people eat.  By cutting out vegitable oils and dairy, we have reduced
the amount of fat in our diet considerably.  Remember, cheese and icecream
are the real culprets no matter if it's skim or whole milk.