From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:07:06 -0500
On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 23:49, Ken Stuart wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 07:25, Keith Thomas wrote:
>
>> so I give my digestion plenty of variation.
>
>Is there any evidence that variation is good for digestion, rather than the
>opposite ?
>
>--
>Cheers,
>
>Ken
No evidence, but I take it as axiomatic: Palaeolithic diets would have had variation in terms of
seasonal variation, different foods in different localities and the chance in foraging and in the
hunt.  Much variety would have come while on the move, nibbling what was near when people
were walking through different vegetation.

I generally don't look for scientific evidence; the Paleo principles are what guides my eating.

Incidentally, I wasn't thinking of 'digestion' as such - more the human health outcomes.

Keith