From:
Paul Getty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:44:16 -0500
One thing to remember is that although you can feed a lot of people per acre
when growing grains, generally the way grains are grown is devastating to
the soil, and it may be some day that our soils will not be adequate for
grain growing because of such destruction.  Grass fed animals do not do
nearly the damage as the tilling and fertilizing with chemicals and the
herbicides and insecticides and fungicides.