From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2008 19:43:00 +0000
On Nov 03, 2008, at 11:38 pm, Kristina K. Carlton wrote:

> All that to say that I do think there are some relatively significant
> adrenal issues. I would like to give my body a rest from digesting and
> having only one meal a day would minimize my exposure to food and
> getting
> more intolerances, but I am worried I will stress my adrenals even
> more.
> Everything I have read says with adrenal fatigue it's important to eat
> several times a day and the first meal no later than 10 AM. While
> health
> care practitioners seem to disagree on various things, this is
> actually one
> they seem to agree on when it comes to adrenal issues.

Well, I have adrenal issues and have (despite my own fears) improved
since I started fasting.  I think what it comes down to is whether
your adrenals are damaged to the point where fasting will put more
stress on them than they have in reserve.

I've seen someone cause (I suspect) adrenal damage by following the
Lighter Life[1] diet, which I has 3 months or so of eating sub-
maintenance calories (I remember it being much longer in the girl I
knew, either they cut it down or I just made that up).  The fact a
relatively healthy person can do this for so long without simply dying
makes me think that fasting is a much lower source of stress than you
might otherwise be led to believe.

You may want to join the fasting Yahoo group[1], which I'm also a
member of.  They may have answers to your questions.

Ashley

[1] http://www.lighterlife.com/