From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:02:48 -0500
I have been eating raw almond butter and raw almonds to help increase my
dietary calcium (along with daily sardines, brocolli, parsley, spinach,
etc.) but am concerned that the oxalate content will block calcium
absorbtion.  It seems so difficult to even come close to recommended
amounts of calcium once one omits dairy products from the diet.  I am
concerned because there is a lot of osteoporosis in my family.  Also, it
seems as though the "high calcium" veggies also contain high oxalate
levels.  Any help would be most appreciated.