Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:16:01 -0500
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 06:08:48 -0500, Debby Padilla-Hudson
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I think men back then were probably much less involved
> then they are now by a great deal.  Heck even a
> hundred years ago men were so much less involved in
> child rearing.  That was women's work.  Modern women
> changed that trend by demanding equality.

The model that may have been similar to paleo customs is from North
American aboriginals, where children were cared for/supervised by old men.
Too old to hunt or fight. The custom still survives in the reservations
around the Battlefords, Saskatchewan, where thirtyish men have children
with then when travelling off the reserve. The women are playing bingo.:)
I don't remember seeing old Indian men.

AFAIK no members of a tribe were ever left behind, rather when they
thought their life was no longer worthwhile, they went for a long walk,
and never returned. Some reports say that they knew how to stop living by
willpower.

These were free people, not like us.

William