From:
Gregg M Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 06:34:47 -0700
Hi Lisa!!!

I haven't seen a Post from you in about 3 months about the same time you
E-Mailed me Personally too and you were nice to me then so why all of a
sudden the seeming Attack and the Accusation of me "Flaming" Cooked
Food? - Is it getting really cold up there in Alaska and you're just in
a Bad Mood or what? - :)!!!  I think you need to learn what "Flaming"
actually is and you'll see I wasn't "Flaming" anyone but was actually
trying to help.  She (Mary) said that she was still having trouble on
the Paleo Diet for her and her Son to a certain extent and it seemed
like they were eating Primarily Cooked Food and so I suggested they try
some Raw too since that's what Paleo Man did himself and it's seemed to
help so many People I know including myself.  So if you think that's a
"Flame", or inappropriate or whatever, then I think you've got to have
some sort of screw loose or just had really been in a Bad Mood or just
not really read my Post thoroughly enough.  So I suggest you reread what
I wrote in that light before passing any further judgement - Thank You
Very Much!!! - :)!!!

>> Another Big Problem I think that you might want to look into is Why On
>> Earth Do You Cook Everything So Much, haven't you ever heard that Paleo
>> Man ate quite a lot of his Food Raw?  I mentioned this before and I
>
> Excuse me, but this is not another Rawfood list.

I never thought it was.

> When Grant
> originally set this list up, it was to support paleolithic diets in
> general, and NeanderThin was specifically stated as a reference.
> NeanderThin is one, but not the only book on paleodiets that allows
> foods to be cooked.

I never said Cooking wasn't allowed or even hinted at that - So Chill!!!
All I said was that Paleo Man didn't Eat EVERYTHING COOKED like so many
people here seem to - That's A HUGE Imbalance In My Opinion from the
Original Paleo Man's Diet and should be looked at and Accounted for -
Geesh!!! - How much more Clear could I possibly make that!!!

> Cooking is QUITE acceptable for folks on this list, even if it is not
> acceptable to you personally.

I never said it wasn't and Cooking is still acceptable to me on
occasion, just not Totally!!!  It's seems like some, if not most, of the
Paleo People here have an Aversion to RAF - Raw Animal Food - and all I
wanted to know is why since they say the really want to eat like our
Hunter-Gatherer Ancestors did.  If it's just a Cultural Thing I can
understand but to say that All Cooked Food is Paleo is not true - Not By
A Long Shot!!!  And that's what seems to be out of Balance and seems to
be affecting at least some People not in a Good Way from what I can see.
So if might be a Smart or Conscious thing to do and try something a
little different while still being Paleo - Capiche?!! Comprendé?!! - I
Hope So!!!

> If the basic tenets of this list have
> changed since Grant left, then let me know.

I don't think so as far as I know.

> But otherwise, I'd
> appreciate not receiving "cooking flames" on this list!

I never "flamed" anyone and I think you need to really look at yourself
here.  Basically no Posts for 3 months then all of a sudden "BLAMO!!!"
You "SLAM" on me.  Please just tell me this is all a misunderstanding
after you read this - I Hope So!!! - Thanks!!! - :)!!!

Please remember I didn't just mentioned Raw Food as oppose to Cooked
Food but also that she might have been having too much Meat and Liver in
her and her Son's Diet and so throwing their Calcium Balance out of
Whack and not getting enough Calcium in General among other things -
Don't you remember that part? - Geesh!!!

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you soon and I think that - or at
least I hope that - this was all just a misunderstanding - Thanks!!! -
:)!!!

 - Take Care!!!

 - Gregg!!!