From:
Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2010 09:02:57 -0700
Couldn't a paleo warrior find plenty of non grain or bean substitutes for the
carb loading days?  I'm thinking winter squash, or baked chestnuts?  2 cups of
cooked butternut squash has 41 grams of carbs. Put a dollop of coconut butter
or tahini (sesame butter) on it, and you've fulfilled the carb/fat requirement.
  And butternut squash can be eaten raw, so it qualifies as paleo.  I never
hunted one with a sharp stick, tho.  I guess I don't understand why folks are
eating  potato, or white rice.  Is there something magical about those foods
causing one to loose weight, whereas a paleo option doesn't work?  Hmmm, what
would Grok do?

Best,
Batsheva

________________________________
Food Choices:
He favors the paleo approach in his chapter "You Can Learn
A Lot From An Ancient Warrior".

Carb-load days:
Before the carb-load meal, which is always the last meal of the day:
15-50 gr protein per meal
"moderate" fat both monosaturated and saturated
< 30 gr carbs

The carb-load meal itself:
< 20 gr protein
< 20 gr fat
> 60 gr carbs (men), > 40 gr carbs (women); you can have more as you wish.
Carbs should be at least 70% starches, the rest as HIFWAC fruits, avoiding
  sugars.