From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:55:20 -0600
Wally: >Lactose intolerance in infants is NOT a normal condition

I would love to see research on whether "lactose intolerance" in infants
would occur in the babies of mothers who eat 100% paleo.  I suspect not.

Some anecdotal evidence that I've posted before.  I have three sons, all
three of whom were breastfed.  Before foods other than mother's milk were
introduced (and after, for that matter), the first two were at times
cranky, gassy and irritable.  Normal, in other words.  Just before the
third was conceived, my wife went paleo and remained consistently "on the
program" through the first four months or so of his life.  The milk he
received was 100% paleo.  He was so constantly content and happy.  No gas,
no irritability.  It was quite amazing.

Jim