Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 13:49:49 -0600
> Yeah,those were fun to watch, but more than a little overboard in tone.

I figure we have grinders as well as nippers just for foods like roots.
Plenty of skeletons have been found with tooth and bone deformities
indicating periods of starvation. During those times they would have eaten
anything close to edible, and figured out how to make the inedible taste
good. No different from today in that. And probably, once they figured it
out, they kept on doing it. Toss a few bakers on the coals, wait a while,
sprinkle a little wind-dried sea-salt ;--) on them.......

When I first joined this list, there was a member named Amadeus, who