From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 02:57:58 GMT
Dear Jeremy,
I am a mother of two, and was a vegetarian during each of my
pregnancies-
Oops. I am sorry to say that due to the effects my diet had on my
uterus and
sacrum (and yes I can prove this), I endured a C-section with each of
my
children. I also suffered severe swelling, extreme fatigue,
polyhydramnios,
sciatica, and many more complications and such during my pregnancies.
Though
a longtime vegetarian, I craved buffalo meat like mad.
Protein is absolutely essential during pregnancy, 80 mg daily.
Conditions
such as pre-eclampsia and the dreaded toxemia are attributed to
protein
deficiency. B-12 (available only in animal ingredients: meat, eggs,
milk),
folate, iron, calcium and vitamin C are others whose deficiency can
cause
tremendous problems for the pregnant woman, or worse, can damage the
baby.
Dairy products, especially those containing traces of hormones (BGH)
can
cause painful menstrual cramps, and possibly worsen pain with
contractions.
Soy is especially harmful to the fetus, and I have the child with
autistic
tendencies who proves that. When I eat grains, it causes problems with
my
joints (some people get arthritis) and if the pelvic and sacral joints
are
not functioning optimally, the baby will have problems getting
through.
While this organization does not speak of paleolithic diet, I do
recommend
that you check out http://www.bradleybirth.org for info. on prenatal
nutritional requirements and, if you're interested, natural
childbirth.
Please do not confuse Bradley with Lamaze, they couldn't be more
different
and I personally do NOT recommend Lamaze or, worse, something wich
claims to
be a combination thereof. Your baby's mother should begin paying
attention
to her diet now if you plan to conceive in the next few months.
Best wishes,
Stacie

http://facelink.com/stacietolen