From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:28:30 EDT
In a message dated 8/24/98 10:05:02 AM:

<<I think I heard Dan Rather say last night on television that 'scientists
have
found new fat substitute to be good for your heart'.  I wonder how they figure
that?!!!!>>

I've heard that Olestra blocks the absorbtion of fat-soluble vitamins, making
a diet rich in this "heart healthy" fat substitute (yes, I heard Dan Rather
too!) a cause of vitamin deficiency.   I think Olestra is nasty stuff.

And you're right - how could they possibly figure, at this point in time, that
it is "heart-healthy"?

-John M