From:
Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:28:50 -0800
 > Anyone know what the nutritional value of horsemeat is? Or whether or not it
 > can be obtained in the US?

I remember there is few carbonhydrate in horse meat and it is very lean .
I have been raising horses for meat in The pyrennees , contrary to what is
said in that article ,animals are killed at 3 or 4  years old . spain had so
much excedent of horses than reformed trained horses end up in France to be
butchered also . In my opinion it is a very good meat especially the way
they are raised in  the pyrennees ( free range in the mountains ) a good
mare weight close to a ton .There is lot of nostalgy about remembering herds
of those big horses running free .
In France , there is butcher shop that sell only horse meat ,i don't know
why they are separated from other meats .
jean-claude