Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:33:53 -0500
You may want to read Lierre Keith's book "The Vegetarian Myth".  She was a
vegetarian for about 20 years for ethical reasons.  Now she is paleo.  She
goes into much detail on how monocropping destroys the land and planet,
while ethically raising animals for consumption is doable and better for the
planet.

As a 60 year old woman who has been mainly paleo for 17 years, I do not find
it that much more expensive from the standard American diet - those
processed foods are quite expensive!!  Price them out by the pound some
time.  But, for someone eating a lot of grains and cheap foods like beans
and rice, it would be more expensive.  Of course, a person can save on
things like not taking prescription drugs due to having damaged oneself with
SAD.

Paula H.
PS - Are you aware of the high fat low carb movement in the medical
community in Sweden?
https://eatlikeaswede.wordpress.com/2011/05/14/a-high-fat-low-carb-diet-expl
osion-happening-in-sweden/