From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:58:44 -0500
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Philip Thrift wrote:

> >http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/319/7205/304
>
> What is confused in this article is that it seems
> these people are reducing carbs but are "starving"
> themselves by *not* then eating (perhaps a lot)
> more meat to make up for the calories lost.
>
> I lost body fat when I began by increasing calories from meat over
> the decrease of carb calories.

Yes, that appears to be right.  And your approach does not appear
to work for me.  If my carbs are low enough then the amount of
meat I have to eat to satisfy my appetite is sufficient either to
prevent weight loss or to cause weight gain.  The trick seems to
be to get enough carbs to control appetite so that I don't
overeat protein and fat.  I can do it, but it seems to be a very
narrow path indeed.

Todd Moody