From:
Esben Brun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 00:17:19 +0100
Information about "Natural Hormone Enhancement"   -  NHE :
http://www.extique.com/
It must be said  that  NHE is just as much  an  exercise-plan  as a diet
 brief - 45 min - intense exercise, about every second day).
The scope of NEH is health, fatloss - and to some degree bodybuilding (there
also exists a more radical bodybuilder-NEH-diet).

Although NHE  is not intended to be a "paleodiet"  - it turns out to be much
like it (becuse it is basicly lowcarb).

It is possible to do a "paleo-NEH-diet" , I'm trying that.  For the
"carb-load" (last meal twice a week - every third / fourth day),
starchy carbs are preferred , because they are said to enhance physical
performance more than sugary carbs  - thus facilitating
training (bodybuilding). The explanation by Rob Faigan is something about
sugary / starchy carbs being stored differently in the body
(in the liver-glycogen , or in the muscles) . However sugary carbs are said
to be equally healthy.

It is of course easy to find "paleo-sugary-carbs"  in the form of fresh or
dried fruit .   "Paleo-starchy-carbs"  might be a little harder
to find (unless you consider  potatoes "paleo") - but  there are:  turnips,
winter-squash, sweet potatoes, yams - etc.
Milk-products can easily be substituted with other (nutritionally similar)
paleo-foods.

I have only been on this diet for a few weeks, so I dont really have much
experience  - but I like it sofar.

Esben