From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 15:10:10 -0500
On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Hans Kylberg wrote:

> At 16:07 1999-01-13 -0500, Todd wrote:
>
> >If all animal proteins were equal there would be no
> >question about avoiding bovine casein but not the casein in human
> >breast milk.
>
> Dont mix up milk and meat protein!

Why should we assume that only milk and vegetable proteins (but
not meat proteins) can cause immunological reactions?

> >But I suppose if that makes sense for
> >tomatoes it also makes sense for grains, legumes, etc.
>
> For beans, milk and, espesially, grains we have other evidences, mainly
> from Loren Cordains research, that we should avoid these things.

Yes, we have research that shows specifically that some people
respond poorly to these foods, or that there is some statistical
correlation between the presence of these foods in the diet and
certain health problems.  The problem is to understand how to
apply these data, not to mention conflicting data, to one's own
particular dietary choices.  For example, the Georgia
Centennarian Study showed that centennarians consume somewhat
more dairy and whole grains than average.  Does this mean that
these foods are good for the rest of us who hope for healthy
longevity, or does it mean that these people are unusually
adapted to foods that would be disadvantageous for most?  I don't
think we are in a position to answer that question yet.

Todd Moody