Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:08:07 -0700
><snip>
> > What I'll get at is the possibility that some weight gain just might be
> > immune-related. That's been mentioned, I think possibly on this list *or
>one
> > like it*. Though some of this might sound off topic, I'm just trying to
> > figure out how pieces of a Paleo lifestyle fit.

Very interesting.  I just saw the following post on the Coeliac
(intolerance to gluten) newsgroup:

"You can have CD and be overweight. Both my sister and I have been
overweight since childhood and both have CD. We were diagnosed by blood
tests and biopsy. I was first diagnosed as an infant but was told I had
out grown it, so for 50 years I ate a normal diet. But was re diagnosed
at age 53. I managed to be at least 100 lbs overweight during most of
this time, so clearly obesity dose not rule out CD. However, our thin
sister's blood work was negative. My doctor, Peter Green MD from
Columbia Presbyterian Hospital NYC is very active in CD research and has
indicated that many of the CD patients he treats are overweight. You're
Mother and the rest of your family should be tested. I have talked most
of my family into being tested and that is how my sister and my son were
diagnosed."

Notice that the sister without coeliac disease is thin, and the two with it
are not.

Kat.