From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:16:27 -0700
From: "L" <[log in to unmask]>

>I have to admit to being clueless about breast cancer. My family cancer of
>preference is kidney cancer. I have always associated estrogen with breast
>cancer and had no idea that NL has such a high incidence of breast cancer.
>Do you think this is correlated to their high dairy consumption?

I don't know, but the countries that have the highest dairy consumption also
have the highest rates of breast cancer: United States, the Netherlands,
Denmark...

> I know their burgeoning increase in height has been associated with the
> growth hormones in dairy

I have aunts who are over 6 feet tall; my son is 6'6" tall; we all grew up
with dairy, a main component of our diet.

> I'm not sure about clean unprocessed dairy not being paleo and I know this
> has been discussed here many times but you have a point about the growth
> hormones.

I looked in my files and am unable to find the reference, but I have read
several breast cancer studies that originated in the Netherlands, and they
seem to point to the fact that anincrease in breast cancer occurred after
pasteurization began.  That does not, of course, imply cause and effect.

Kath