From:
Wally Ballou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 22:36:02 -0500
On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 22:05:36 EST Sheryl Canter <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> At least there is some interesting content here.  I can respond to
> this.

How kind of you...

> earlier.  It means that they were using it AT LEAST 1.5 million
> years ago.

You're just playing games here...  The point is that human evolution was
substantially "complete" well before the advent of fire or other food
processing technology.  If you can't accept that, then this would seem an
odd place for you to come for constructive discussion.  Perhaps you and
Amadeus should start your own newsgroup...

> Second... Think about what the theory of paleolithic nutrition
> says... The
> idea is not to eat what we ate BEFORE we evolved into
> physiologically modern
> humans.  If you look at it that way, then maybe we should try to
> match the diet of amoebas.

Now you're just being ridiculous...

> that period.  If humans have used fire for 1.5 million years, then
> we are very well adapted to cooked food.

As I said, the distinction of cooked versus raw foods is a DIFFERENT
debate.

> cultural habit.  Cooked meat tastes better to most of us (I assume
> there are
> exceptions, though I haven't met these people).  I'd hypothesize
> that this is
> body wisdom, and arises from our 1.5 million year history of eating
> cooked food

I'd say I'm pleased to meet you, but you've made that rather difficult.
Raw meat can be quite delicious, and if you seriously propose that humans
and pre-humans did not eat raw meat for millions of years, then you're
clearly living in a fantasy...
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.