From:
David Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 01:29:32 EST
Great Post!
I was an NH "true believer" for years.  I read almost everything the Herbert
Shelton wrote.  You are right when you say the rules are based on
"psuedo-science common sense."  The food combining rules are based on faulty
physiology. One of the last letters that Shelton wrote before he died of (I
think) Parkinson's was to maintain hygienic purity.
Shelton was a genius in many ways and right in many things.  However, he was
a true believer and refused to acknowledge science unless it proved him
right.

The "psuedo-science common sensers" are always bleating, "everyone knows
that......"
Like, everyone knows fat causes heart attacks. Or, everyone knows that a
whole grain complex carb diet is good for you.

My favorite was when a vegetarian friend of mine (who thought I went insane
for eating meat again) said to me "that everyone knows that meat has a lower
vibration."  I asked him who everyone was and where can I buy a vibration
meter.

By the way, I think the "spiritual feeling and sensitivity" that many people
get from vegetarianism may be caused from a zinc or other trace mineral
deficiency.

Maybe raw is better for some maybe cooked for others. We all have to figure
out what works best for each of us individually.

-David