From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2007 18:16:35 +0000
Hi

There's something I read a while that I would like to validate.  No
idea WHERE I read it - suggestions welcome.

Basically: farming (especially grains), destroys a lot of the habitat
of wild animals, and therefore vegetarianism is responsible for the
death of more animals than hunting/husbandry.  I believe the specific
example was the north american plains, that were once teeming with
buffalo, and are now effectively wastelands.

A few questions:

Is this true?

Does anyone have anything to support it?  (books, websites, etc)

Has anyone ever mentioned it to a vegetarian?

Thanks
Ashley