From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 18:32:39 -0600
On ABC World News Tonight I saw the second half of a story on monkeys and
diet; decreased caloric intake clearly extended lifespan and decreased
diseases of aging.  I've heard that before but it finally made it into the
headlines this time.

What I'm dying to know is what they fed the monkeys; their ideal, native
diet or something researchers pulled out of their collective a**?  I'd bet
serious cash that they gave them what monkeys are designed to eat; why they
can't figure out what WE are designed to eat continues to amaze me.

One of the key advantages to even a standard Piggly Wiggly version of the
early human diet is that it is more nutrient dense than the standard food
pyramid.  It's also easier to get by on 1,000 calories a day when fat and
protein are predominant and carbs a top note; fat and protein stave off
cravings.  Of course, you KNOW what 99.9% of American doctors will
recommend; that we eat plenty of carbs because they pack the lowest caloric
punch.  Thank God I stopped listening to these morons a long time ago.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO