From:
Karine Bauch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 08:28:59 -0600
Adrienne Smith wrote>

>I'm interested in purchasing coconut oil to cook with

>Also, any of you paleos use coconut oil and if so, did you
>notice any boost to your metabolism?

The following articles are very interesting regarding coconut oil:

www.jovo.com.hk/coconut.rtf
www.apcc.org.sg/special.htm
www.financialexpress.com/fe/daily/20000814/fco14018.html

I have been using coconut oil for a while now and I think it has helped with
my weight loss.  When you are not eating starches, there is not much use for
it, however.  You can stir fry veggies and cook eggs in it.  It is too hard
(like shortening) to use on salads.  When I drink some coconut milk for
breakfast, I feel a boost in my metabolism.  Blend 1/2 can cold coconut milk
with some frozen fruit for a very good smoothie that nourishes the thyroid.

Karine