From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 18:30:21 -1000
Mary:
>Is it safe to eat the bone marrow raw?

Why not? If it is not safe I'm in big trouble since I have been eating
it
raw for years ;)

>Does your daughter like it?

Yes, very much. Both melted to the consistency of butter, and raw:
cheeselike. Occasionally some marrow soft as is. My butcher thinks
soft
marrow is a sign of stress since he only sees it when there is a
serious
drought. Who knows?

OTOH, she likes newspaper and rug fuzzies quite a bit as well.
Probably not
too paleo ;)

>Can you
>get pork bone marrow?

Not from naturally raised pork I can't. Pork is very rarely pastured
so
you'd have the toxins accumulation issue like in organs. I have
enjoyed the
pork marrow that runs down into the hoof a few times years ago.

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft