From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:32:07 -0400
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Mary wrote:

> I solve the spice problem by buying them whole, not ground. the ground ones
> frequently have wheat added as wheat is such a cheap extender, of the very
> expensive spices..but wheat is like water..it does not have to be listed on
> the label.

Have you called the various companies to find out which ones use
flour as an extender?  It is my understanding that wheat *does*
have to be listed on the label.  For example, many flavored
potato chips use wheat flour as the base to which the flavoring
is added; others use other things.  These will always be listed
on the label.

Todd Moody