From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2009 03:00:47 -0600
>The biographer's account of his death is beautiful and poetic, but he
>may have chosen not to write every nit-picking detail of what happened.

Wow,

So, unless the biographer just conveniently forgot to mention Pasteur's recantation of his entire life's work (oh, what a nit-picky detail!), what makes you believe he actually made the comments you attributed to him? Unless, of course, the biographer (who did mention the elderly Pasteur's dementia) thought such words were the babblings of a dying loon...

>Paleofolks seem to be germ-proof in a polluted world, so what he is
>alleged to have said is true; not bad for final words.

Redux - if I don't get sick then Pasteur must have recanted. Again... wow. I'm not sure what else to say.