From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 10:49:27 -0400
This list seems suspect to me. I always thought the more saturated an oil,
the higher the smoke point. Clarified butter is highly saturated and
monosaturated and is great for high temp cooking in my experience, but
according to this list almond oil beats it by a longshot and even olive oil
is roughly tied. My experience doesn't jibe with this.

Doesn't make sense...not saying it's wrong, just looking for some
explanation.

--Richard

Here are commonly used cooking oils and smoke points: