From:
Marc Harmon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 08:11:50 -0800
Trying to control my eating habits has been as unsuccessful as any
promise my 3 year old has made regarding something she really would
rather do otherwise.  I have great control from the morning through to
midday.  However, from then until bed, it is a decreasing rate of
failure.  My main goal is to eat only raw food.  I assume that is a goal
for anyone pursuing a paleo-diet.  Another goal might well be debated,
that is not eating within 4 hours of bedtime.  I presently wake-up tired,
with pain, bad mouth, bad eyes, clogged nasal passage, higher than normal
resting heart rate, and assume this is the body of a poisoned individual.
 But lately, I have assumed that my digestive tract is laying in sleep
with partially digested food from midnight feeding, which is fermenting
in unfortunate ways, and toxins are absorbed and spread through out the
body in an attempt to eliminate them from every route possible.
   I imagine that if I ate a raw diet only, for 1 month, my digestion and
metabolism might improve so that a feed prior to sleep would not be of
any consequence.  I do imagine that a Neanderthal ate and slept shortly
after.
   Any thoughts on these subjects yes, but any advise on how you overcame
bad dietary habits, or any help on corralling my own is sought.

Thank You,
           Marc Alan Harmon