From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 23:14:58 -0400
Medusa asked:

>Anyone has suggestions on how to live the Paleo way with limited funds?

(1) Take up foraging. There are different books depending on where in the
country you live. (I have a list of recommended books for the NE US.) My
first outing is tomorrow in Central Park. I'll report back to the list
afterwards just what foods I bring home.

(2) Start a garden. Though berry bushes can take a few years to get going.
Then if you can't afford a freezer you can take up canning.

(3) Buy a hawk, get licensed, and hunt your own food like Ray does. Though
initially this will be expensive to get going. More conventional hunting
can also be taken up. But again there are start up costs. And if firing a
gun isn't paleo to you, then you can hunt with a bow-and-arrow. But this
may have even higher startup costs than rifle/shotgun hunting. And time
consuming.

(4) Fishing. Do you live near a body of water that isn't too polluted?
Startup costs shouldn't be too high.

Don.