From:
Jana Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 08:45:23 -0600
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> This may be so, but it still leaves unexplained the fact that cooking
> meat caught on and became universally practiced among humans.  Why do
> you suppose this happened?

I have thought about it a lot, and I don't have an answer.  I wish I
did!  I guess I look at it the other way sometimes, why have certain
raw meat-eating practices been handed down through the centuries, and
why do so many cultures have raw food dishes, such as sushi, sashimi,
steak tartar, raw oysters, etc.  I went to a posh high-end restaurant
a couple of weeks ago and all of these were on the menu.  Some benefit
must have been seen in eating these foods raw.  The advice that I am
following now is from people who have been eating raw meat for decades
and noticed tremendous health benefits.

Jana