Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 06:48:40 -0800
I got a report back on my son's bacterial metabolites.

His DHPPA levels are now at zero.

Many so called autistic/schizophrenics have very high DHPPA levels.
(anaerobic  bacteria)

After no sugar extremely lo carb diet, his are at zero, probably where most
HG would be.

Direct yeast metabolites (like tartaric , arabinose, etc) are all in normal
ranges, quite an achievement if I don't say so myself.

There is a slightly elevated level of glyceric acid and the statement in the
report is as follows:

"elevated glycdric may indicate a yeast overgrowth of the GI tract. Certain
bacteria such as Pseudomonas species can convert yeast tartataric acid to
glyceric acid"

The "normal" reading for this glyceric acid is 0 to 10.  His level is 13. I
am wondering if I still need to treat him with antifungals?

The man who runs this lab says yes.

Also, his fatty acid metabolites came in very, very high---possibly because
many people are on a low fat diet, and we are on a very, very high fat diet.
However, could this be a concern if they are way too high?

One of my friends got rid of her so called autistic child's yeast overgrowth
by supplementing him with a powerfull probiotic that crowds out the
yeast.(soil based organisms)

I am kind of tired of trying to "fight " the yeast and am trying the
probiotic approach. Fighting it with antifungals makes him so miserable.
(and never seems to get completely rid of it)

On the other hand, another mom "fought" her child's yeast with every
pharmaceutical in the book and got rid of all muscle weakness, autism
symptoms, etc in her child. The child then got a bacterial overgrowth which
she treated with yet another pharmaceutical and the child is apparently
doing very well.

I am trying to reduce pharmaceuticals/interventions and stick to the paleo
diet. I am trying the probiotic approach and using soil based organisms
which are a more aggressive form of acidophilus.

Your thoughts?

Mary

ps If you are interested in doing this report on yourself, get a test kit
from [log in to unmask]
It is covered 80% by many insurances, and you may find it fascinating, esp
if you ever wondered if you have a yeast or anaerobic bacterial overgrowth,
it will also tell you about your Kreb's cycle, glycolysis, amino acid
metabolites, fatty acid metabolites, aerobic bacterial metabolites,
neurotransmitters, pyrmidines, and miscellaneous metabolites.