Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:32:08 -0500
At 10:12 AM 2/27/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Lois wrote:
>
> > My low white cell count didn't come up on 25mg. zinc, but it did with
> > >50mg.
> >

>William wrote:
>
> > WARNING!
> > Zinc is described as a copper antagonist. Taking zinc as you write for
> long enough results in heart disease due to
> > copper deficiency/mineral deficiency.
> > Don't do it!
> > I did.

The link William gave had some interesting facts about copper I didn't
know.  Then again, I am only just coming to know a lot of things.  Anyhow,
the article mentioned certain foods that interfere with copper actions or
whatever.  One family that could poision copper metabolism, he said, was
the nightshade family, which means tomatoes, eggplant, potatoes, and
peppers, among others.  I had no idea all those were related,
plant-wise.  Which brings me to my question:  I've taken the Rx drug
Lanoxin for almost fifteen years.  It's the brand name for something called
digoxin, I think.  Somewhere in the back of my mind I have the idea of the
nightshades entering into it somewhere.  Anyone know anything?  Have I been
taking this and possibly doing damage?  I had thought it a benign drug, but
as I've been reading this list and elsewhere I'm coming to the realization
that no drug is really benign.  A possible chronic copper deficiency would
be very interesting when I consider my autoimmune and neurological
difficulties.  Any thoughts of areas to research would be appreciated.

Ro