From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 23:40:19 -0700
On Sun, 16 Jul 2000 20:46:50 -0700, SUZANNE METZ <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Sorry! This is a little long. I  have a few questions and would appreciate
>the collective thoughts from other folks on the list on how to improve my
>results with Paleolithic eating. I want to get body transformation results
>fast- as in the next two months!

I won't repeat your entire post in order to respond to the points, as it would
make the new message too long.   So, anyone reading the archive, first read the
message of this title (without "Re:" of course).

I would say that you have a mishmash of different ideas mixed together from
different plans and different philosophies.   You need to stick with one
person's plan and try it for a while.

My wife is also 5 foot, and weights 106 pounds now after 2 years of the Atkins
diet - she weight 148 when she started it.   (Without knowing anything about
"paleo" theory, she just ended up with a paleo+dairy diet.)

If you want to do the Body-For-Life plan, then just do that and implement it the
way he suggests.   You don't see a good mechanic fixing your Toyota using half
Honda techniques and half Toyota techniques.

"(I was not born to be thin and lean)" Complete and utter hogwash.   Try just
drinking water (no food) for 2 months. :-) :-)   Of course, it depends on what
you mean by "thin", what you mean by "lean", and what you mean by "is". :-) :-)
Meaning that some people have different bone structure than others, but everyone
(except for the .000001% with special problems) can be the same bodyfat
percentage as anyone else.

Personally, I think that BfL is a mildly successful program, but is filled with
a lot of BS.   GH and Thyroid supplements should be unnecessary if you are doing
the level of exercise that he prescribes, especially weight training.   Banning
ephedra but allowing caffeine pills is contradictory.   As Dr. Sears says "Food
is the best drug".

I also think that two workouts a day is too much, unless you are involved in a
specific athletic endeavor that you are training for, or you are starring in a
new movie that starts shooting in August.

I recommend throwing out the scales, body mass calculations, etc. etc. and just
gauge by what you look like in the mirror and how your clothes fits.  Of course
I can't even get my wife to do this :-) :-),  in fact she weighs herself several
times a day - probably due to the fact that she's reached her goal weight. :-)

By the way, if you re-read your message, you will find that you never mentioned
what you want to achieve.   It sounds like you are unsure of even that, and that
your goal changes depending on who you talk to.   This is an impossible way to
proceed - you need to decide what YOU want, and then pick one system, and then
stick with that for at least 6-8 weeks.

--
Cheers,

Ken