From:
Sheryl Canter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 20:20:25 -0500
I found Cordain's book to be disappointing, too.  I wanted to read the most
recent findings and evidence of what paleo people ate, and THEN an analysis
of the implications. Instead, I read a bunch of diet recommendations that
seemed to be only tangentially related to paleo eating.  For example, he
says to only eat the white meat of a chicken. I'm sure paleo people didn't
throw out part of every bird they killed.  This seems to be a book on
nutrition with conclusions drawn from many sources--only one of which is
what paleo people ate.  He doesn't hesitate to recommend deviations from
paleo eating if it meets his own criteria for good nutrition.  This isn't
the type of book I was hoping for.

- Sheryl