From:
Dean Pistilli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 11:18:06 +1100
Kath,

You're in luck.. cause now you can throw away the blood type diet.
I am Type A+ myself. I am recovering (though surely) from about 5 years
of ulcerative colitis. The above diet was one of my ventures.. though I
had been following the Type A diet (grains, vegetarian, soy) for years
before ever having read about it. Later I also tried d'adamo's version
for the record.

The bottom line is that a type A diet makes me sick as a dog and
increases illness for me.. and i am type A. If I eat plenty of grains
and soy, I am generally out of action for 2-3 hours due to their
indigestibility. I have also heard similar from a few AB's and A's.
Since being on a type O, type B diet (paleo/hunter-gatherer basically),
things only get better. I also have enough energy to party all night
until 7am the next morning.. previously i had to be in bed by 10pm.
Get rid of the "blood type" fantasy stuff.. even if it is very well
marketed and appeals to the logical-left-brain-mind.

reg.,
Dean.

Date:    Sat, 5 Jan 2002 12:44:06 -0500
From:    KATHRYN P ROSENTHAL <[log in to unmask]>
What is the current thinking on this list re. blood type diets?
As a blood type A woman who has had breast cancer, I'm trying very hard
=
to eat appropriate foods so the cancer doesn't return.  When I try to =
combine D'adamo and Cordain my food choices are very limited...  and I'm
=
trying to gain weight.  Sigh.