From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:16:35 -0500
From: "Frances Salorio" >
> Here in politically correct western Mass. there are many
> local organic farmers

How fortunate you are.

Here in the agrarian South, the long growing season favors hordes of insects
and a multiplicity of generations. When the bottom line is the dollar,
chemical farming wins out over ideology and political correctness.   The
agrichemical industry heavily brainwashes producers into thinking there's no
better way.  And there's a lot of pervasive ignorance.  Day before yesterday
a local man told me the "gubment" had done nothin' but lie to us about
freon.  He actually swung his hand up toward the sky and said, exact words,
"Look up there and tell me do you see any damage?"   Sheesh.  But I guess
this veers off topic unless we talk about acid rain on our food or the
effect of the ozone hole on photosynthesis.  There's no telling what he puts
on his garden.

Again, Frances, you're very lucky........and I've always wanted to visit
Massachusetts, if you're receiving guests.  <vbg>

Theola

Theola