From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 11:17:38 EDT
All,

does anyone know about type I diabetes in kids, and has anyone successfully
healed their child such that they didn't need to take insulin?

there was an article in today's paper about a local diabetes support group for
parents and kids, front page, that read "You think you have this perfect,
sweet child."  Anyway, it went on to talk about how they get together for
meetings, do their insulin shots, and then eat pizza.  The kids basically stay
away from sugar, but take their shots so that they can enjoy occasional
sweets.

As you can imagine, I feel like sharing information with them, but am not that
familiar with diabetes.  Any info?

Thanks!

Aaron