From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 09:25:21 -0500
On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, White, David (Streets & Drainage) wrote:

> Why would what a pig is fed have an effect on the composition of its fat?

Dietary fat that is not burned is stored as body fat, in pigs and
in humans.  Grains are high in polyunsaturates, so these are the
fats that get incorporated into the fatty tissues of the pig.  Of
course, the pigs body also *makes* fats from excess caloric
intake of all sorts, as our bodies do, but these tend to be the
saturated fats.  At least, that's how I understand it.

Todd Moody